- Be written in a language I know. There are some promising options like Middleman (Ruby) and Hugo (Go), but that would mean I won't be able to make almost any changes or additions.
- Never rewrite unchanged output files. I'm hosting on Amazon S3 and synchronisation tools compare file modification times to determine whether they need to be uploaded. Now I'm thinking maybe it's possible to use ETag header with content hash, but I haven't investigated.
- Ability to add tags/helpers that would create files. I use this to dynamically resize uploaded images to the exact size I need on a page and create retina versions.
- Delete any files from the output folder that do not exist in the source folder, including the aforementioned dynamically generated images if they're not used anymore or the requested size changes.
I’m happy to announce that Dwarf Fortress Remote 1.30 is available on the App Store. Main new feature of this version is support for creature graphics. Default Spacefox tileset and tileset packages available from mifki.com/df/extras have been updated to include matching creature graphics sets.
Also in this release:
Reconnection to games will now be faster, however initial connection may be slower due to creature graphics processing.
When designating, cancel button will now return to the first corner selection instead of cancelling the designation mode completely. This can be reverted to the old behaviour in System Settings. Also, long pressing cancel button will cancel designation straight away.
Fixed a crash when filtering unit list with flashing (having legendary skill level) units on screen achat de viagra en pharmacie. Fixed some names flashing to black instead of light gray.
If you’re running DF Remote in a Docker container, below are the instructions to update to the latest version of Dwarf Fortress acheter du viagra pharmacie.
Find the name of your container. It may be
df1if you followed standard instuctions. Otherwise, use
docker pscommand and use your name in place of
df1in following commands.
Make sure you have saved your game and stop the container:
docker stop df1
Update server image:
docker pull mifki/dfremote
Start a new container using the same data folder:
docker run -dtp 1235:1235/udp --volumes-from df1 --restart=unless-stopped --name=df_new mifki/dfremoteand set a password:
docker exec df_new ./dfhack-run remote pwd "YOUR_PWD_HERE"
Make sure you can connect to the new server
Delete the old container: `docker delete df1` and rename the new container to the old or standard name, if you wish:
docker rename df_new df1
I have added search functionality to the in-app help. Apart from being just useful, this will allow me to add more content much more easily, not worrying how players are going to find it. Especially for things that are not related to any particular game screen, like materials, items and general game concepts.
By the way, you can also access the help in your browser here.
I'm happy to announce that Dwarf Fortress Remote 1.20 is available on the App Store. This release brings support for DF version 0.43.03, almost the latest game release, and contains several other improvements.
What's new in the game
Releases 0.42 and 0.43 greatly change the game. You can now designate taverns, libraries and temples, and set tavern keepers, scholars and other occupations. Visitors, including other races, will come to your fortress to work in this locations or join your military, petition for residency and citizenship. Dwarves and visitors will spend time drinking, dancing, playing music, reading books, praying and discussing various matters. Children will play with toys. Art forms and musical instruments are randomly generated, latter requiring to be assembled from several parts.
Another set or changes is related to workshop jobs and manager orders. It is now possible to set certain job details like material, size, type of decoration and image. Manager orders can target specific workshops, start conditions and repeat frequency can be set (although not all of this is currently supported in Remote, see below).
I've decided to release the new version now, even though some of the new game features are not supported. This will allow me to work on other great things, like sound and creature graphics, while also implementing the remaining new game features in the next application updates.
Image specification for jobs is not fully supported - you can't create a custom image or choose an image related to historical figure. Engraving designation image specification is not supported altogether. Setting conditions for manager orders and per-workshop orders are not supported.
Saves from 0.40 are compatible with 0.43. You can follow the new simplified setup instructions to configure a new server, and continue playing your games with new features. However some of the new stuff may not be available until you create a new world.
If you have installed any of the tilesets, you will need to download them again to ensure correct rendering in version 0.43.
I will also post upgrade instructions for Docker users shortly. (EDIT: There are available here)
- Current job/activity is shown in unit query mode for the selected unit
- Support for auto-mining modes
- Quick erase mode - a new button to quickly switch from designation modes to 'remove designations' mode and back
- Confirmation is shown when trying to offer/seize goods and when trying to trade with huge trader profit
- When issuing a squad move command, long press OK button to do it without returning to the squads list afterwards
- Show magma-safe status in stone preferences view
And finally, number of bug fixes
- Fixed assignment of animals to chains and activity zones
- Fixed not being able to view wagon in look mode
- Fixed not being able to create new uniforms after deleting all existing ones
- Fixed manager timer not being reset after adding new manager orders, resulting in manager not validating them for a long time
Consider supporting Bay 12 Game if you like Dwarf Fortress.