There are a lot of applications to manage and edit photos - iPhoto, Lightroom, Aperture and others. But what if I need to organize and keep in one place images that aren’t actually photos and will never be edited? For example, wallpapers, scans, some random images from the web and so on. I couldn’t find good application for such needs.
But there’s very good app for organizing documents (iWork, PDF, Web Archives and others) - iDocument. It doesn’t allow to import anything except predefined list of file types. Luckily this list is simply stored in
Resources/SupportFileList.plist file. So you can add any other file types into it and iDocument will handle them just like all other supported formats, with quick look, tagging (but synchronization with iPhone app does NOT work).
I wish they would add official support for more file types in future versions (images and ebooks at least, and get rid of external helper daemon btw) and maybe some very basic additional support for images (eg. image size in info panel).
SoundGrid along with other music apps was used in a great Christmas live performance! http://www.macstories.net/news/iband-plays-christmas-songs-with-iphones-and-ipads-video
- Layers scrolling in different device orientations fixed
- Notes now played on touch even if the song itself is stopped
- Support for copying recorded audio tracks to clipboard to use in other apps
Great news! Now everybody can browse SoundGrid shared Grids and listen to them right in web browser! No iDevice required.
Just navigate to http://www.mifki.com/soundgrid/index.html#sg. Sortable by date or user rating. Only Grids created in Song Mode are available.
Note: encoding process is taking place now, not all grids are available on the site yet, be patient.
- When publishing Grid that duplicate another Grid published before by another user, the new Grid won’t be published.
- When publishing Grid that duplicate another Grid published before by the same user but with different name, the old grid will be renamed without publishing the new Grid.