- No ‘Song Mode’ to automatically advance from one pattern to another. Instead…
- More performance modes. Each layer can be assigned one of 3 program modes and one of 3 manual modes independently. Some of them are similar to Tenori-on performance modes.
- More layers and blocks. Number of layers increased to 9 and number of blocks (block is a set of currently active patterns, one per layer, switchable instantaneously) increased to 16. This allows to program twice more melodies (or maybe just variations of some parameters) to be switched between during performance.
- Full support for musical scales. Any supported musical scale/octave can be set for any voice in case of pitched instruments.
- Super-easy addition of user samples and voices. To add new pitched or unpitched voice just upload archived folder with some samples via web interface or iTunes file sharing - and it’s done.
- Streamlined user interface. Many UI elements were replaced and optimized for convenient and fast live operation.
- Improved audio engine. Performance greately increased on modern iOS devices. Support for background audio.
- More sound effects. Unified place to store all reusable and exchangeable assets (patterns, layers, blocks and whole projects). Better mixer. Better recording (later). MIDI out (later). And more.
- SoundGrid Live! will be released for iPhone, iPad and OS X.
There are a lot of applications to manage and edit photos - iPhoto, Lightroom, Aperture and others. But what if I need to organize and keep in one place images that aren’t actually photos and will never be edited? For example, wallpapers, scans, some random images from the web and so on. I couldn’t find good application for such needs.
But there’s very good app for organizing documents (iWork, PDF, Web Archives and others) - iDocument. It doesn’t allow to import anything except predefined list of file types. Luckily this list is simply stored in
Resources/SupportFileList.plist file. So you can add any other file types into it and iDocument will handle them just like all other supported formats, with quick look, tagging (but synchronization with iPhone app does NOT work).
I wish they would add official support for more file types in future versions (images and ebooks at least, and get rid of external helper daemon btw) and maybe some very basic additional support for images (eg. image size in info panel).
SoundGrid along with other music apps was used in a great Christmas live performance! http://www.macstories.net/news/iband-plays-christmas-songs-with-iphones-and-ipads-video
- Layers scrolling in different device orientations fixed
- Notes now played on touch even if the song itself is stopped
- Support for copying recorded audio tracks to clipboard to use in other apps