Showing posts tagged #SoundGrid Live! - Show all
What an impressive app this is going to be. My over all review would be that this is a powerful tool for live as well as recorded performance. I noticed that simply entering notes is easier on this app and the overall UI is pretty easy to navigate. Other similar apps seem very crowded on i phone screen, the space on this one is well thought out. As well all the extra free voices are amazing (most other apps charge for extra features) I really hope this app puts mifki onto the main stream of cutting edge apps! kenn neely a.k.a. kennetikKenn is long-time SoundGrid and now SoundGrid Live! user. Check out his tracks including the ones created in SoundGrid here: http://soundcloud.com/kennetik61.
- No ‘Song Mode’ to automatically advance from one pattern to another. Instead…
- More performance modes. Each layer can be assigned one of 3 program modes and one of 3 manual modes independently. Some of them are similar to Tenori-on performance modes.
- More layers and blocks. Number of layers increased to 9 and number of blocks (block is a set of currently active patterns, one per layer, switchable instantaneously) increased to 16. This allows to program twice more melodies (or maybe just variations of some parameters) to be switched between during performance.
- Full support for musical scales. Any supported musical scale/octave can be set for any voice in case of pitched instruments.
- Super-easy addition of user samples and voices. To add new pitched or unpitched voice just upload archived folder with some samples via web interface or iTunes file sharing - and it’s done.
- Streamlined user interface. Many UI elements were replaced and optimized for convenient and fast live operation.
- Improved audio engine. Performance greately increased on modern iOS devices. Support for background audio.
- More sound effects. Unified place to store all reusable and exchangeable assets (patterns, layers, blocks and whole projects). Better mixer. Better recording (later). MIDI out (later). And more.
- SoundGrid Live! will be released for iPhone, iPad and OS X.